Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's been a while but we are still all alive and kicking!

Well. I only have one excuse for not blogging. One word: Facebook. It's a curse! But I thought to myself that I really need to get back into action and write a bit about the kids. It's been a year since my last blog. And a lot has happened.

Today, we had a coffee play-date with some other mommies and their kids. And I must say that getting together with other moms, I think, is better for me than for anybody else. I've fallen into this regument of routine. This drill of getting things done. Booking doctors appointments. Negotiating insurance guidelines and referrals. Ordering medical supplies. All inbetween washing poopy-stained Old Navy toddler jeans and trying a different way of preparing a pork chop for dinner. I am quite gleeful when I can sit in bed at 10pm and check four things off of my to-do list. But usually, those four things are not exactly "get a pedicure, check", "read another chapter of that book, check" or "sew a creatively exotic dress, check". But that's okay. Don't get me wrong. I love being a mother and a wife. And taking care of everybody and everything. But I just sometimes worry about getting lost in it all.

Being with the other mommies today just reaffirmed that I'm not alone. We all have the same insecurities. Our homes are never clean enough. Our kids misbehave more than behave. And who of us can actually make that perfect pot of coffee?? I know I failed at it big-time today! Nevertheless, there is comfort in knowing I am not alone. That everyone battles with the same worries and to-do lists. And also worry about losing their identities as women.

So thank you ladies for making me feel a little more whole today! Those few hours, filled with *badly brewed* coffee, blueberry muffins and four toddlers screeching as they all run towards one tricycle, was sure worth it! You make me want to be better at what I do ...

No comments:

Post a Comment